Pre-heat oven to 350.
1) Into the mixer (not exact): 1tsp salt, 1tsp baking powder, 3/4tsp baking soda (or vice versa), 2 1/4 c flour, 8T butter cut into 12 pieces, 1 1/c c sugar. Beat it up a bunch.
2) Then, add 1/2c sour cream or plain yogurt
3) In a different bowl mix 1c sour cream or yogurt, 4 eggs, some vanilla (eh, pour a reasonable amount, I like vanilla).
4) Mix the wet into the dry
5) Pour it into a greased 9x13 pan.
6) In a bowl mix something like (I really made this up) 3/4c flour, 3/4c sugar, a bunch of dark brown sugar (maybe 3/4 cup?), 8T butter cut into 12 pieces, and then some brown spices like cin, all spice, cloves and a bit of fresh nutmeg. I did some double-knife action to cut the butter into the dry goods.
7) Bake for about 40 minutes. Watch the butter pooling and bubbling and almost deep frying parts.
8) Nom nom nom. Oh, I'm sorry, did you want some?
8) Watch the butter pool on top