1) take some small beets, skin and grate them.
2) Chop up an onion and some garlic (2T ish)
3) Take your fancy-pants risotto pan, put it on the stove-top on high-medium
4) Throw 4T of butter in, or whatever randome amount of butter that you've got, add some olive oil too.
5) Toss in the onion and let it soften until it's translucent
6) Add the garlic, cook a bit
7) Add the risotto (1C) and stir it about for a while (I wandered off and did something in the basement). While that's happening, warm 3C of water in your water-boiler and mix with bullion or whatever you're using (I do about 1.5C of bullion by the package dilution)
8) Add the beets and about 1C water. Then, as the water cooks out, add 1/2c at a time all the while stirring.
9) After adding all the water, add 1 slightly old lemon worth of juice and grated peel.
10) Add 1/2 c (ish) of nice cheddar cheese.
11) Add a splash of balsamic vinegar
12) Grate some parm on top...
Eat. Also, you can add some sort of greens.