Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cookbooks in 2013

I am a little bit obsessed with cookbooks. From straightforward, text-heavy recipe collections from church/family groups, to food writing with recipes mixed in, to lush, illustration-heavy tomes -- I can't get enough. Since moving to NJ last May, I haven't unpacked any of our boxes of books except the cookbooks. We received four new ones for Xmas -- Smitten Kitchen, Bouchon Bakery, Meat Lovers Meatless Celebrations and Dorie Greenspan's Baking. I also have a bunch of other books I've been gifted or otherwise come to acquire recently that I don't tend to use as much as I could. So, this year I'm going to try to make at least one new recipe a week. That seems manageable -- nothing crazy like cooking all of Julia Child's recipes in a year -- just something that will keep me engaged with my new books.

Just out of the oven tonight is Dorie Greenspan's coconut tea cake. It's in a bundt pan, and I am notoriously bad at getting things out of a bundt pan, but it smells really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment