Monday, July 26, 2010

Dinner--Wednesday? Tuesday? Last week...

So, I had a bunch of Zukes lying around taunting me for not eating them and I had just watched an Alton Brown episode on stuffed tomatoes so I though, sure, let's stuff em up.

I took 3 of them, sliced them in half oiled them a bit and tossed them onto the grill since I was busy cooking up some chicken and other veggies.

Hollowed them out and put into them a mixture of red lentils (a miracle food) and some new potatoes.  They were spiked with onion and some curry powder, both hot and mild along with a bunch of salt and pepper.  Along with the guts mix all that up and shove them back into the zuke shells.


On top of that I had some bread crumbs that I'd toasted in some butter and some crumbled ricotta salata (hello Golden Harvest!).  Put it all under the broiler, pay attention and pft!  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment